Canadian Dealer Technical Service Trainer
We are seeking a motivated and knowledgeable individual to join our team as a Canadian Dealer Technical Service Trainer. In this role, you will be responsible for instructing and supporting our Canadian dealership locations, providing training on Peterbilt product features, maintenance, and repair. Your training will be regionally based, covering dealership locations throughout Quebec and Canada.
- Instruct dealership service personnel on the features, benefits, maintenance, and repair of Peterbilt products and engines.
- Identify areas of training need based on feedback from dealerships, field personnel, and customer service and warranty departments.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts within the organization to acquire technical knowledge and become a competent instructor and mentor.
- Provide feedback to the appropriate personnel on product, maintenance, and service issues that require attention.
- Continuously improve and modify training based on evaluations from training participants, contributing to best-in-class training within the industry.
- Manage and coordinate classroom training, including venue selection, catering, printed materials, training aids, and scheduling.
- Review and provide input on online training, workbooks, and manuals related to Engine products.
- Coordinate with other divisions to ensure consistent content and messaging in training materials.
- Translate English curriculum to Quebec French.
- Support the Technical Institute in Canada.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Experience in the maintenance and/or servicing of diesel trucks, automotive, and/or machinery (experience with Peterbilt service, diesel engines, and after-treatment systems is a plus).
- Minimum one year of training or instructional experience, preferably in a technical training setting.
- Background in curriculum and training program development, from inception to program delivery.
- Ability to develop training using various media, including classroom instruction, online presentations, videos, and manuals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Publisher. Familiarity with MS Teams is a plus.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present to all levels within a dealership and the organization.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Education, Business, or Engineering OR an Associate’s/Technical degree with extensive applicable work experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- RSP with up to a 5% company match.
- Fully funded pension plan providing monthly benefits after retirement.
- Paid time off, including a minimum of 10 vacation days, 12 holidays, and sick time.
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA).
- Short- and long-term disability programs.
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Employee assistance program (EAP) offering wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling, and more.