Position Overview: The Licensing and Royalty Administrator plays a crucial role in the music licensing sector, specifically managing and processing royalties for a unique Pay-As-You-Press mechanical license program. This position revolves around providing exceptional service, addressing inquiries from a diverse group of independent music producers and associated entities.
- Process Pay-As-You-Press applications from independent music producers, ensuring proficiency in both English and French communication.
- Effectively handle daily communications, including phone calls and emails, with applicants, pressing companies, and relevant publishers.
- Issue licenses and correspondences to applicants regarding their license requests.
- Process royalties payable to publishers and handle refund cheques when necessary.
- Collaborate with team members or other departments as required.
- Maintain efficiency to meet deadlines and minimize application backlog.
- Undertake additional projects as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in music business administration or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Fluent in both English and French (written and oral).
- Client service experience, demonstrating active listening, attention to detail, and effective result delivery.
- Applied accounting concepts, reconciliation capabilities, and a commitment to accuracy.
- Knowledge of copyright, music publishing, and Mechanical Licensing Agreements (MLA).
- Strong research and problem-solving skills.
- Organized with excellent time management.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Willingness to ask questions and seek guidance when needed.
- Familiarity with licensing and distribution systems, such as Lotus Notes, MS Office, Outlook, and Slack.
Desired Traits: We welcome candidates who are:
- Skilled communicators in both English and French (written and oral).
- Detail-oriented, organized, and reliable.
- Team players with a diplomatic and tactful approach.
- Self-motivated with a strong learning aptitude.
- Flexible, adaptable, and accountable.
What We Offer:
- Collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues in the music industry.
- 35-hour work week.
- Comprehensive benefit plan and Group Retirement Plan with an Employer matching program.
- Summer hours (compressed work week).
- Convenient downtown location with a Hybrid Office-Telework Program.
- Casual dress code.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates who align with these requirements and embody the values we appreciate in our team members.