Bilingual A/P Associate
Hybrid Role / Great Team Culture / Excellent Compensation Plan and Pension / International Company.
Our client, the world’s second largest manufacturer in their field, is actively seeking a fluently bilingual A/P associate to join their team.
- Posts invoices received into accounts payable system while validating approval on invoice, tax registration numbers, payment terms and resolving amount or quantity discrepancies with purchase orders.
- Verifies expense reports to ensure expenses are in compliance with the company policy. Exports data from expense reporting system for payment process.
- Schedules vendor payment for all locations to be approved by appropriate controllers for all payment methods eg. cheques, wire transfers, EFT, ACH.
- Creates and updates vendor master records for FI vendors.
- Works closely with Treasury Department to communicate cash requirements, rejected payments, stop payments.
- Responds to vendor enquiries regarding payment issues. Reconciles vendor statements. Replies to vendors’ auditors to confirm their balance.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Maintains historical records by filing invoices in an orderly and easily retrievable manner.
- Pulls invoices as required for requests (ie. tax audits, special requests, etc).
- Obtains copies of cashed cheques for payment verification (fraud, non-receipts, etc).
- Contacts vendors to investigate on stale-dated cheques.
- Other duties as required
Fluently Bilingual in both French and English (Written and Spoken).
2+ years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, A/P of A/R (not just a collector) experience with solid understanding of accounting principles
SAP is a must